Friday, March 14, 2008

Gratitude

Today I am feeling especially grateful for what I have in my life. It might have something to do with the following story:

Last night Justin and I were watching a movie after BG went to bed. Justin had bought some Cracker Jack-type popcorn and I was going to town on it. After eating most of the box, I bit down onto a kernel and chipped my tooth. More than anything, it just annoyed me. Now I have to call the dentist, make an appointment, go in, pay money, all for a stupid corn kernel! And I can't stop playing with it with my tongue. The upside is that, for whatever reason, it doesn't hurt. (Good news since my dentist doesn't work Fridays.) Maybe I should have stopped at half the box. :)

So onto the gratitude part. I realized how lucky I am that this is not a catastrophic event. I have dental insurance to cover most of the cost. We have savings to pay any out of pocket expenses. I live in a country where dental services are easy to access. I realized that even though this is an inconvenience and annoying, it's not going to break our budget. We won't have to decide between fixing my tooth and buying food. I have the option and ability to fix it. I feel grateful for that and it helps me to remember all I actually have. What are you grateful for?

1 comment:

Ashli Miller said...

Wow! You have an incredible outlook. I'm very impressed.