Saturday, September 20, 2008

Fall Decor

I love fall. And I love fall decorations. I have been so excited to get out my stuff. Today I finally got most of it put up (I'm holding off on a few Halloween decorations). We have these great bookshelves in that family room. Until now, they had stuff on them, but it had mostly just all been thrown together. It had always irritated me that it wasn't in any real placement and it's been on my to-do list. Today I got it done! I was so excited I had to share. Sorry some of the pictures are blurry; my camera is acting strange.

This is the mantle over the fireplace. I bought these leaf plates and think they are great! I also just got the vinyl lettering for the blocks and I LOVE it! More on that later.

Here is one bookshelf. I saw on some home dec show that organizing books by color is an nice aesthetical way to do it, so I thought I'd give it a try. I think it turned out well.

Here is the other bookshelf. Same color theme for the books on top. The Man asked why I choose those books to display and noted the variety of themes. He laughed when I told him I choose them because they all had black spines.
I had such a fun time decorating it makes me want to go buy more. And, I even dusted my shelves! For me, that is a pretty big deal. I inherited the anti-dusting gene from my mom.

1 comment:

Meredith & Company said...

Yet another thing we have in common. I think I have more fall decor than Christmas. It's my favorite!