Sunday, September 14, 2008

Potty Time

Since my motherhood world is currently revolving around the potty I thought it deserved it's own post. I realize that unless you are a parent, (and maybe not even then) this conversation is not really one you want to hear. So if you don't care to hear about it, move along. Since I'm kind of lazy our list of what we're doing.

1. Bought three kinds of big girl panties. 1- The thick padded kind made of cotton. 2- Dora panties which she LOVES 3- Pull-ups
2. Sitting on the potty at every diaper change.
3. Dropping everything the moment she mentions the potty and go running.
4. Stickers for sitting on the potty.
5. M&Ms for going potty in the potty.
6. Lots of praise, clapping , and hurrays for going in the potty.

So far we've done pretty well. She's getting the hang of it more, but we're not to the point of actually wearing big girl panties all the time. She has wet every kind of panties we've purchased. She has recently coming to me right after she gets wet so it's a step in the right direction. Today she went potty at church which was great! Last week she went #2 at school which is the first time ever! I keep hearing that when they are ready, they'll pick it up. I hoping for that because I'm not really sure what else I should be doing. Wish us luck!

3 comments:

Jenny Whiting said...

good luck! i still haven't started with Marie...she is so anti-potty! it's strange cause Kyle was potty-trained much earlier. oh well, each kid is different.

Elise Smith said...

I would LOVE to hear how your progress goes. I keep thinking I need to figure out how to start the process, but my excuse has always been to wait until after we've moved. Well, now we're moved, so no more excuse. I think I just don't know where to begin. Keep me posted!

Family said...

Hey I have a freind that just used this book to potty train she said it worked great.

Potty Train your Child in Just One Day, By Terri Crane.
Here is her blog go check it out

travisandtarynchristensen.blogspot.com

good luck