Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Walking in the Dark

I am so proud of myself. Beaming in fact. I got up at 6:00 AM this morning to exercise. This is quite the accomplishment for me seeing as how I am such a princess and require, nay, DEMAND my sleep.

I was smart and laid out my work-out clothes last night in the bathroom. I got up and dressed and headed out the door. There was something peaceful about being outside alone, in the wee hours of the morning. It was still dark. I walked/jogged again and it was a little easier than last time. Got home and stretched (which is my FAVORITE part of any workout) then showered and got ready for work. I know I'm pathetic but I really am so happy that I actually did it! Exercising is hard for me. I'm secretly thinking about running the Half Marathon with The Man in April but I can't actually commit to it yet because I know he'll hold me to it. I'm not sure I ready for that just yet. We'll see if I can do this exercise thing on a consistent basis first.

The Man is always telling me I can find time to exercise if it's a priority. It's moving up on the priority list. Why you ask, now of all times to become important? Well, I had a small panic attack a few weeks back when I thought I was gaining weight. It was one of those moments when I realized I'm not 16 anymore and I'm going to have to start working for my body. I hate getting old.

1 comment:

KatBouska said...

Do you really think it's not safe for her up there?? She's buckled in and the island is big enough for the legs of the swing to be firmly planted. I'm afraid the little ones will grab her when I'm not looking if I keep her on the floor...but I know about those parents that would put thier kids in bumbo chairs on the counter and have horrible accidents. I don't know...she's pretty secure up there...