Friday, October 3, 2008

See Duckies

BG loves ducks. Near her school there is a small river and ducks are often there on our way home. It's pretty much the highlight of her evening commute to see the ducks.

Yesterday I strapped her into the car and off we went. She was her usual excited self to see the ducks and I kept telling her, "Let's see if we can see them". When we got to the river I pointed them out and said, "Look! There's the ducks." She was being a little whinny in the back seat and he plea was getting increasingly agitated as she asked "See duckies? See duckies?!" I again pointed to them and told her they were right there.

After an even more agitated request to see the duckies I turned around to see what was the matter. Then I saw why she was so upset. I had hung the dry cleaning next to her and it was blocking her entire view. I had to laugh, and yet it was so sad! She was so excited to see the duckies and I kept telling her to just look, but all she could see was Daddy's shirts hanging in a plastic bag. Poor thing. Sorry BG! Tonight I promise we'll see the duckies.

1 comment:

Ashli Miller said...

that is such a cute story! I've had plenty of moments like that too, when the communication just isn't quite working out.