Monday, November 3, 2008

Bakers Delight

I don't know what it is about this time of year, but it always makes me want to be in the kitchen baking. This is pretty unusual for me because I'm not a baker, at all. (I just barely figured out how to make cookies and it's only because I got a family recipe from a friend that included strict preparation instructions such as how long to beat the mixture, etc.) I enjoy cooking, but am not that great. But for whatever reason, when the air starts getting cooler and thoughts are turning to Thanksgiving, I get all ambitious.

I have already made a batch of pumpkin bread - which I love! Yum. Tonight I am going to try sweet potato fries. I made two batches of homemade tomato sauce from my garden tomatoes. And anything with squash or pumpkin sounds delicious. I also love soups. I love how they warm you up and taste great as leftovers. During the winter we plan on at least one pot of tasty soup each week to last a few nights. Wow, all this talk is making my hungry...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is how I am too. Though I do enjoy cooking most of the time, this time of year I get adventurous. If you need any fun, easy holiday recipies I have a very easy holiday sweet chex mix recipie and a pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipie that are easy and yummy. Just let me know.

Breanne said...

Wow, I am impressed with all of your cooking plans! I go through phases when I am really into cooking. Unfortunately for my husband, it has been a really long time since I was in one of those phases.