Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The End is in Sight

Remember how I've been preparing for grad school ? Well, I have been studying 4-5 days a week since September for the GMAT - the graduate entrance exam. I have most definitely hit a rut and am so bored with it. On one hand, I just want to take the test and be done with it. On the other hand, there is no way I am going to shell out the $250 registration fee until I know darn well I'm prepared. I am not taking this test more than once!

Today as I was thinking yet again, it's time to study but I'm so bored of it, I looked at the calendar. I had originally planned to take the test the end of November. That is only 2 weeks away people! I am in the home stretch! I think I will end up actually taking the test early Dec, but it is within sight. That was just what I needed to light the fire again under my butt and hit the books. I only have a few weeks left and I want to make the most of the time I have to study, study, study.

I have started my applications for the few schools I will be applying to. I'm working on the essays and have made a list of things I still need. Yesterday I faxed my request to send transcripts to my schools of choice. I really am plugging along. That is really encouraging for me. I am not the most patient person so it's a little hard that this process takes so long. But today I realized that I am closer than I think. I'm a few weeks out from the test - which will really determine my chances of getting into school. I just have to wrap up my applications then wait to hear from schools.

2 comments:

April said...

Good luck with studying!

Casey said...

wow, i am impressed with your determination. my husband got a 790 (nerd alert) on it, and does some personal tutoring, if you need some tips. good luck!