Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Gifts

This year for Christmas, we decided to go light. We only gave gifts to the children in the extended family, and cards to the parents. (Merry Christmas, here's a picture of us!) We went light on gifts for each other and only did a few things for BG. We figure she is small enough that she won't really know or care if Santa brings one gift or 100.

At least that was the plan. I stuck to it. I bought JM a few small things. He is really into running right now so I bought him some running accessories. He, got me this...


An iPod Touch! It really is the perfect gift. I have been playing around with it and it is fabulous. I am on the hunt for a new cell phone and we have been debating on a smart phone vs. a regular phone. I really wanted a calendar feature but don't need a data plan (more $$) or all the other bells and whistles. So JM got me this, which has everything I need. Now I can get a simpler (aka cheaper) phone and still have everything I need. Thanks honey!

BG got spoiled by family. I knew she would (another reason to limit gifts from Mom, Dad and Santa). My SIL gave BG a keyboard similar to this.


I had been hesitant to open it because it looks noisy. Finally I broke down yesterday and she loves it! It comes with a microphone and makes all kinds of sounds, drumbeats, and rhythms. It is noisy, but lots of fun. I'm hoping it will inspire her to take piano lessons someday.

She also got a laptop from Grandpa. Another toy she loves. It's actually nice because it's small enough to transport but still has plenty of games and activities to keep her busy while we, say, go shopping at after Christmas sales.


Speaking of such sales, did anyone else try to go to the mall on Saturday?! It was so busy! I'm not sure these people got the message that we are in a recession. The mall was packed. The crowds rivaled the pre-Christmas shopping crowds. Had we known, we would not have gone. But we did. We barely survived.

5 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Sounds like a delightful Christmas. And no shopping for us. I will probably go to Kohls tonight. And Nordstroms to get a new bra with my gift card. I'm really spoiling myself there!

Meredith & Company said...

Fun gifts! Hey, as per your previous post, I started digital scrapbooking about a year and a half ago and it is faster and easier and a great way to get it organized and into a "viewable" format, quicker. I would show you how I do it, if you want. As you know, I am not the most organized person...actually, I might be the LEAST organized person...but I'll show you what I do if you want to see! Let me know! Merry Christmas!

Brittany Marie said...

Wow, good call on the presents! An Ipod touch looks cool! I'm glad you had a great Christmas!

Unknown said...

Jay has had an itouch for about a year now and he loves his. It is a great tool to keep kids distracted at dr appointments with putting digitial movies on there. We use Jay's all the time to occupy Kaden when we have to go to appointments and need him to be calm. Plus it is a great way to show off photos to coworkers and friends. Glad you had a nice Christmas!

Mary said...

The crowds here weren't bad at all...but I never spend very long at the mall.

The itouch looks cool...I love my ipod.