Friday, December 19, 2008

I hate winter

Is it cold and snowing and miserable where you live? It is here! It even snowed in Las Vegas, which apparently hasn't happened in a zillion years.

In my neck on the woods, it's not only cold, it's really really windy. I don't like cold but I REALLY don't like cold plus wind. We're not talking little gusts either. These are huge, hurricane-force winds that practically blow you off the sidewalk. In fact, when walking from my car to my office this morning I stole BG's blanket and used it like an old-lady head scarf. It was that bad.

I took the liberty of downloading some local pictures so you appreciate the weather here right now.



Sure this first one makes it look like a beautiful winter wonderland, but just scroll down a little. You'll see what it actually looks like outside right now.




Yep, that pretty much sums it up. This is the view from the local news camera of the valley. I want to go home, sit by the fire and drink some hot chocolate. *sigh* At least it's Friday.

4 comments:

Brittany Marie said...

I just drove home in a blizzard. I'm surprised I'm still alive! Good luck!

Kristina P. said...

Yeah, it's super snowing today. I didn't read the weather, and it was so sunny t his morning, that I am wearing high heels and no sock. I am an idiot.

Jessica said...

K- Wow. I feel bad for you. I pretty much swear off heels from Nov - March. I do have high heeled hoochie boots, but not the same thing.

rychelle said...

our snow is already almost melted.

and wind is really the only weather condition i can't stand. bring on anything else, but the wind!