Wednesday, December 3, 2008

New Friends

After yesterday's depressing post, I thought we all needed something upbeat. So, I have to tell you about a great new friend I made! I think we can all admit to blog stalking and following people we have never actually met. Well, I met one of those stalking relationships and she is so great!

I have been stalking/emailing Annike for a few months now. She was coming into town for Thanksgiving and we set up dinner. I was so excited and nervous! What if she didn't like me? What if I wasn't witty enough? What if we didn't have anything to talk about? It was like a first date. The funny thing was, she was asking herself all the same questions and we laughed about it together.

We met, ate, and had a great time! She is super cute, down to earth, and all around fabulous. We talked about life, marriage, kids, blogging, all the things you would normally discuss with a girlfriend. We chatted for several hours before my hubby started texting asking if I was ever coming home.

I, of course brought my camera. I told The Man that I had to take a picture of my bloggy friend, so I could blog about it. He rolled his eyes. But when I got to the restaurant, I had a camera with no card. So, Annike took this picture (because she too had a camera) and sent it to me. She how much fun we are having?! Oh, and this is just a testament that the lighting at Rumbi's is anything but flattering for anyone. If you haven't met Annike, go check out her blog. She is great!

4 comments:

Kristina P. said...

She IS great! And she forgot our candy, dang her! I guess I can still forgive her.

Erin said...

That sounds like so much fun! I have only met one blog stalker friend, and she is great too. It is fun to realize that these people who you only ever meet by reading and commenting on their blogs are nice, cool, and normal!

Nikki said...

Jessica - you are too cute!! I had such a fun time visiting with you, I am so excited that we clicked so well in person as well as online! Now I just have to get P to get a job in Lehi, and we're all set!

Kristina - I bow down at the mercy in your forgiveness. Send me you address, and I will gratefully send you your chocolate...

Riddle Girl said...

I'm so new to the blogging thing that it is nice to know it is...OK to stalk other peoples blogs and then sometimes they may even want to meet you.
BTW...Thank you for the link to Pulsiphers Predilictions. It is sooo funny!