Monday, December 22, 2008

Pregnancy Test


Don't get too excited now. No, I'm not announcing that I'm taking pregnancy tests. Just that I saw one for sale. At the Dollar Store.

I may be crazy, but I don't think I would buy a pregnancy test from the dollar store. In the end, it wouldn't be saving me any money. Because if I bought one from the dollar store and took it, no matter what the result, I wouldn't trust it. This would mean I would have to go to a non-dollar store, buy another one, just to double check. So I would be buying the higher price one plus that dollar version, making my dollar wasted.

Plus it was in line at the check out. You know, were all the last minute items are that they are trying to get you to buy on an impulse. It was sitting there next to the candy, gum, batteries. A pregnancy test! I'm not sure how many women are standing in line waiting to buy their dollar wares, see the test and think "Wow, I have been meaning to take a pregnancy test, I just haven't had the time." Just saying, I don't think a pregnancy test is really an impulse kind of purchase.

12 comments:

Erin said...

This is so funny, because when I thought I might be pregnant four years ago, I went to the dollar store and bought 3 pregnancy tests. I thought, "Well, if I take three, at least two of them will say the same answer." All three of them said positive, so I knew I was pregnant! And buying 3 was cheaper than buying one of the expensive ones! I laughed about it for days afterward.

rychelle said...

my favorite thing is that they sell this pregnancy test right next to the condoms at my dollar store......$1 condoms leads to the need for $1 pregnancy tests.

Kristina P. said...

I've actually read that the research says that they are just as effective! Who knew?!?!?

Unknown said...

For me, I can't even use those over the counter tests. My hormone levels are so low in the beginning that those don't work until I am at least 3 months into a pregnancy. I have to go in and have the dr do a blood test just to find out anything.

Brittany Marie said...

Hahahaha! Maybe THAT is what my problem is!

KatBouska said...

My best friend is trying to get pregnant and buys like 30 tests at the dollar store every month.

She takes them for fun.

I'll tell her about the sale!!

Jessica Oakley said...

hahahahaha!!! I was actually at the dollar store not too long ago, and I was waiting in line, and I saw the pregnancy tests and thought, "OMG! For reals? OMG!" I was so bummed that I wasn't with someone I could share my shock with!

Anonymous said...

JESS! You should know better then to do that to me!!! :) I totally fell for it instantly!

Thanks so much for the adorable christmas card. I hope it is a wonderful holiday for the Strongs.

Much love,
DeeDee

Nikki said...

I can't decide how I feel about this. On the one hand, I'm like, 'A DOLLAR for a pregnancy test?? I've spent a fortune on ClearBlue and FirstResponse and EasyPee and UpTheDuff the last 2 years!' and then the other part is like, 'Yeah, but I'd probably buy a ClearBlue or an EasyPee anyway just to be sure.' So I'll have to pray about this. But I might write you for a care package, cause they aren't that creative in the pound shops over here!

Anonymous said...

Ask Karen what Santa left her in her stocking!!!

Jessica G. said...

I had a comment all ready to go, then I read rychelle and laughed! Now way I can top that...

Julie and Carlos said...

Hey shut up - I've used dollar store pregnancy tests and they're just the same. And any time I've spent 13 bucks at one at CVS I go to dollar tree and think "Crap I could have spent that $12 on a box of See's chocolates celebrating that I'm not pregnant!"