Thursday, December 18, 2008

Work Christmas Party

JM's office Christmas party was on Tuesday. I was actually excited to go. It's a rare occasion that we get to go out for a nice dinner without BG for. free. What's not to love?

Besides that, I get to dress up! Yes, I'm all girl and I like to dress up and look pretty. Sometimes I like to wear smokey eyes, but I can't exactly wear that to work. I would get some pretty strange looks. So I use this office party as the perfect occasion to get myself a new top, wear smokey eyes, and eat a free meal with yummy dessert.

I told JM I wanted to take a picture (to blog obviously) and he laughed. I told him we could either take pictures at home before we left, or at the party. So he graciously agreed to a picture at home. Sorry it's a bit dark, we don't have great lighting in our front room.


How bad is it that a goal in dressing up is to look hotter than all the other wifes? Yeah, I'm pretty shallow huh? I'll hang my pefect hair and smokey eyes in shame...

8 comments:

Meredith & Company said...

Are you kidding? The whole point is to most definitely be the hottest wife there. I think you look awesome!

Kristina P. said...

I've never been to my husband's work anything. Never met his coworkers, nothing. But apparently, several of them read my blog. Weird.

Looks like fun!

Erin said...

That is always my goal - to look better than everyone else. Just kidding. But I do take pictures specifically because I want to blog about them.

Lorie said...

This year hubbys work party is employees only...weird!

Mary said...

I think you are smart...but shouldn't that be your goal everywhere you go? It's nice to have an occasion to look like a real girl (at least that's how I think of it).

I especially like to look nice whenever I have to go to my hubby's work b/c I NEVER want to be referred to as a typical Army wife! So shallow...I know...but I'm not in denial ;o)

Brittany Marie said...

Hahaha, that IS totally The Goal. Que's work Christmas party is tomorrow and they're going bowling. But they're doing it during the lunch hour.

Jessica G. said...

I missed the big fancy work party this year (in the hospital, had a baby and all). But at those things, my goal is to not be the fattest wife present. :)

rychelle said...

i can't really see "smokey eyes" in that pic, but i'm sure they looked amazing and sultry.