Friday, February 27, 2009

Copycat Post

Duck Duck Cow just posted on her top 10 reasons why it rocks/it sucks when your husband is away. I am going to completely, apologetically rip off her idea - because it was so good. But before you read my list, go visit her (if you haven't already) and read hers, because they are good too. Don't worry, I'll wait. The links are up there.

Really, go over now.



Ok, ready?

Here is my list - because my man may or may not be out of town right now. He may or may not be returning today. And this may or may not make me really happy.

10 Crappy Things:
  1. There is no one to ward off the solicitors who come knocking at dinnertime. I refuse to answer even though I'm sure they've heard BG yelling "Who dat? Who dat?"
  2. I end up staying up way too late because I dread going to bed alone.
  3. No other adult to tag-team child duties.
  4. No Daddy threats to eat your dinner - my threats just aren't taken seriously.
  5. Limited contact with my honey since international calls ain't cheap.
  6. I have to take the garbage to the curb AND bring it back. He will usually do one or both.
  7. No one to stroke my ego about how great/pretty/brilliant/funny I am.
  8. He wasn't home to share my excitement over the trunk show I did and sold at.
  9. No one to share the delicious Limited Edition Girl Scout Cookie ice cream with.
  10. I have to kill all bugs myself.

10 Good Things

  1. I get to watch whatever I want on TV. Lots of Grey's, Private Practice, and HGTV.
  2. BG and I can do whatever we want, including blowing bubbles in the house and playing with playdoh.
  3. "Homemade" dinner means cereal and pancakes.
  4. Cafe Rio on non-homemade nights.
  5. I can blog all night without anyone rolling their eyes.
  6. I can stop at the store and buy myself things without having to sneak them in the house or coming home late.
  7. I don't have to clean the house until the night before he gets home.
  8. I get 'me' time. Even if it's just lounging in my granny jammies or working on my jewelry.
  9. No one to steal my delicious Limited Edition Girl Scout Cookie ice cream (ok, I did let BG have some.)
  10. I get the bed to myself without him complaining that I steal the covers.

5 comments:

Kristina P. said...

My husband is gone a lot, and I totally agree!

Unknown said...

Try having him gone all 12 months of a year then we'll talk.

Caroline D. said...

great post. looooove having the bed to myself. i think i have to steal the idea from you, too!

by the way, re: your comment on my blog, the vinyl is totally washable! it's similar to what they use on team jerseys...

Riddle Girl said...

I tend to leave the closet light and the TV on all night when my hubby has gone away. Luckily, that is not too often. If you ever get really nervous, feel free to call us and we would come right over. (Even at 3am.)
Also, thanks to the link to duck, duck cow. It's a good one! (I love having good things to read.)

Jessica G. said...

Awww, shucks! You like me, you really like me! ;)

So where would your husband have gone if he were going out of town? Mine went to France and is still fighting the jet lag.