Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My Newest Favorite

I love summer salads. I love combining unique things together into a delicious dinner salad. JM doesn't like "funky" salads. He thinks salad should ONLY contain lettuce and veggies. I disagree. I enjoy fruit and nuts in my salad to liven it up a bit.

So when I found this recipe for Spicy Honey Chicken Salad, I was excited to try it. It's made with spicy chicken, mango, avocado, and lettuce. We grilled up the chicken and ate it for dinner a few nights ago. Last night I put together the salad and WOW. Let. Me. Tell. You. This salad is AMAZING. I find that the dressing typically makes any salad and this one is no exception. The Honey Citrus Vinaigrette is easy to make and a wonderful compliment to the chicken. The mango adds a bright splash of color and a delicious fruity flavor. I may have licked my plate after. If you are looking for a tasty summer chicken salad, be sure and try this one.

*Finally, the picture loads! It only took a whole extra day.

8 comments:

Riddle Girl said...

Good to know it tastes as good as it looks. I had already printed this one and added it to my recipe binder for this summer!

Erin said...

I love love love love Our Best Bites. Yum. Now I want some!

Jillene said...

That salad looks FREAKING YUMMY!!

rychelle said...

salads and summertime go hand in hand. yum!

Ashli Miller said...

Thanks a lot. I'd never heard of Our Best Bites, and I officially spent hours looking at recipes there today, neglecting my kids and my house! I want to try all of their recipes! Actually, I'm hosting a dinner party this weekend and was planning on making a different chicken salad, but I think I will make this one instead. It actually goes better with the party theme anyway. Thanks for sharing!

Mary said...

It sounds fantastic! I'm not a fan of fruit in a salad either, but I love putting in almonds or sunflower seeds.

Julie and Carlos said...

Carlos is weird like that too. He says that fruit doesn't belong in salad or on pizza. But he loves mango - so we'll give it a try.

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

This salad sounds amazing with the citrus. Yum!
Carrie