Saturday, June 5, 2010

Nightstand Make-over

When we did the great room switch last fall, I had a vision in mind for BG's room. I painted her toddler bed and we bought a dresser. We painted her room and it was looking good. I wanted to get a nightstand table to go next to her bed. I found this one at DI and decided to buy it to paint.



I sanded it and got it primed. Then it sat all winter. Sometimes it takes me a while to get around to finishing projects. I finally got it painted on Memorial Day. This weekend I went to Home Depot to get a knob for the drawer. I got it all put together and up in BG's room.



Ta Da!! I took apart fake flowers to make the petals on the knob. We added them to her dresser also. I like the way it turned out. It's not a super high quality nightstand, but I figure that's ok for kid furniture. This piece of furniture is a good step in the right direction of getting all the toys off the floor.

4 comments:

Nikki said...

That is completly adorable - COMPLETELY! I absolutely love the knob, it's too cute!

Liz Mays said...

It turned out super cute!

Julie and Carlos said...

yeah... it takes us that long to finish projects at our house too. Although - Carlos painted the kids bunk-beds in a day. I still have to post the before and after pics... maybe I'll do that on the day that the room is clean.... in a couple of months.....

I like the flower knob. cute

Jessica G. said...

I'm so jealous of people that can look at a boring piece of furniture and see something spectacular!