Friday, July 30, 2010

Friday Fragments

Blanche is now the proud owner of not one, but two teeth. Center bottom.

Can you see them? They are still pretty small nubs, but they are there.

*****
BG has hit a defiant phase. We have our morning power struggle over something, typically small. She ends up sitting on time out before we have a chat about listening and obeying. After spending all this time on time out, she has learned something. I'm just not sure it's what I was hoping for. After playing with her baby, I found her here. In the corner, on time out.


*****
BG can't say the letter S very well. She has started to notice that we can't understand her when a word starts with S. In an effort to enunciate, her requests sound like this "Mom, can I have a tthhhhh - nack?" or "When are we going to the tttthhhhhh - tore?"


*****
I'm trying to find a preschool for BG for this fall. Thus far, I haven't found one that 1-works with my schedule 2-Falls in my price range and 3-I feel comfortable with. Still searching.

*****
I feel a little dirty admitting this, but I like Facebook. In fact, I really like it. I'm getting to know my neighbors so much better (who knew?). I'm not sure why I resisted for so long, but I really like it now.

3 comments:

Liz Mays said...

I wonder what naughty baby's offense was!

Jessica G. said...

As far as preschools go...you might have to compromise a little. The one Boo went too was awesome, even if the lady lectured me for being late, but was a little pricey, which was why I took the Boy to a different preschool, one in my price range but I gotta say...the other one was better. I plan on getting Baby into it when she gets older.

Julie and Carlos said...

HA! You admit! You like Facebook ha ha! I was totally laughing about BG asking for a thhhhhnack at the thhhhhstore. Taylor has the same issues with "R"s (Hmmmm remind you of someone) and he also has a little S lisp too. I think it's cute.