Sunday, September 5, 2010

First day of preschool

I know I'm late in posting this, but at least I'm finally getting around to it.

BG started preschool a few weeks ago. She loves that she gets to pack and bring her own lunch. She is such a big kid! She was anxious to get off to school and wasn't too cooperative for pictures. She also picked out her own outfit and did a great job getting ready. She picks out her clothes most days and usually doesn't need any adjusting. Then again, I'm the kind of mom who is ok letting her express herself by choosing her clothes.



I didn't get any pictures of her at school because she ran into her classroom and never looked back. I guess it's a good thing that she loves school already. She has a cubby for her lunch bag and a hook for her bag.

Her school gives all the kids their own bag, so we didn't buy her a backpack. When she found out it is just a bag, she cried because she wanted a backpack.

I'm impressed with what she has learned already. She tells me that they work on their manners by saying Please, Thank You, and May I. She is much more vocal about the letters that she knows and will point them out. She can also count to 20 now (mostly, she misses a few of the teens, but it's different ones every time. I figure that means she knows them, just forgets them sometimes.) She loves to talk about her teachers and friends. She traces her name everyday and loves to show off her artwork. I'm so glad we decided to put her in preschool this year. I know she'll do great.

2 comments:

Liz Mays said...

It sounds like she's already thriving and it just began! What a doll!

Nikki said...

What a sweetheart! I'm so glad she's loving her school!