Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas Baking

About this time of year I really, REALLY start drooling over all the delicious Christmas cookie/ candy/treat recipes that are circulating. Since I haven't done my neighbor gifts, I think those recipes work well for giving away. This is also about the time that my idea of not giving unhealthy sugary gifts goes right out the window.

This year JM is doing a workout/diet program. And you can imagine, it doesn't include vast amounts of sugar or chocolate (boring!). That leaves me a bit stuck. Do I support his efforts and give up my love of Christmas calories? Do I make it away and just give it away? Or should I make it all and binge until I've made myself sick (then repeat night after night). So far, this is what's on the list of things I'm aching to make.
  • Peppermint Bark
  • Peanut Brittle
  • Fudge (although I've never had it turn out right)
  • Caramel popcorn
  • Anything that includes Peppermint extract

I could go on and on, and I'm not even looking! What's your favorite holiday goodie? I obviously need to add more to my list. If you are my neighbor, feel free to weigh in on your treat of choice from our family.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We're doing Gingerbread cookies and holiday chex mix this weekend with the kids. That's about all that I ever make, though I do want to learn home to make homemade carmels.

Liz Mays said...

Not more than 5 minutes ago I made peppermint bark! I want to try fudge this year too.

Are you a peppermint fan too? I LOVE it! I am totally dying for some peppermint ice cream right now!

Kristina P. said...

I have been in a crazy baking mood this season. I have a cookie exchange every year, and I was baking and baking a couple of weeks before, trying to determine what cookies I was making.

I am making treats on Saturday.

Gingerbread truffles
Nutterbutter Banana truffles
Rocky Road
Pretzel Turtles